Doug is a Criminal Lawyer and vvhas been an Attorney for thirty years.
Doug was a Senior Deputy District Attorney for over twenty years and is throughly knowledgeable with the inner workings of the District Attorneys office. Having built thousands of cases for the D.A., he knows exactly what it takes to tear them apart.
He has taken over one hundred jury trials to verdict, most of which were serious felonies, such as Homicide, Gang and Sex Crimes. Doug, also an expert in life prisoner parole hearings, has conducted well over 100 "lifer hearings." He also has deep experience in Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence, Drug and Theft cases.
Doug defends people accused of crimes that range from simple misdemeanor DUIs to very serious, complex cases such as:
• Gang-related Matters and Homicide charges.
• Doug is death penalty qualified and is currently on the special circumstances/death penalty panel of attorneys who are appointed to the most serious murder cases by the Stanislaus County Superior Court.
• Doug has tried over twenty murder, attempted murder and manslaughter cases; and has handled dozens more that were not taken to trial.
• Doug is especially knowledgeable in Street Gang cases, having tried his first gang case in 1997. He has taken over twenty gang cases to trial since then.
• He has also tried ten sex crime cases,many three strike cases and cases of White-Collar crime. He has tried over one hundred cases to date in his thirty year career.
Doug opened his new Law Office in downtown Modesto in October, 2013. He defends cases throughout the Central Valley and Sonora.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN PLACED INTO CUSTODY OR ARE
IN URGENT NEED OF CRIMINAL LEGAL REPRESENTATION, PLEASE CALL DOUG MANER AT
OR BY CELL AT 209-315-5898
During his thirty year legal career, Doug has held the following positions:
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Pro Tem
Los Angeles Superior Court Arbitrator
Los Angeles Superior Court
Voluntary Settlement Conference Panel
Stanislaus County Gang Intelligence Task Force,
California Gang Investigator's Association
Stanislaus County Death Review Committee
Stanislaus County Domestic Violence Council
Stanislaus County Rape Task Force
California Deputy District Attorneys Association
California Deputy District Attorneys Parole Committee
“Doug is a very experienced Attorney and I would highly recommend him.” — Jim Waterman, Private Investigator at Waterman Private Investigations
Do not allow finances to stand in the way of the best possible defense when your freedom is at stake. The Law Office of Doug Maner is happy to work with you on setting up flexible payment plans. We also accept all major credit cards and PayPal. Please call our office at 209-581-2985 to discuss payment arrangements that will work for you.
In honor of and in recognition to those who selflessly serve our country the Law Office
of Doug Maner is proud to announce a 10% discount to all active and recently discharged military.