IF YOU HAVE BEEN PLACED INTO CUSTODY OR ARE IN URGENT NEED OF CRIMINAL LEGAL REPRESENTATION, PLEASE CALL DOUG MANER AT 209-581-2985
OR BY CELL AT 209-315-5898
Do not allow finances to stand in the way of the best possible defense when your freedom is at stake. The Law Office of Doug Maner is happy to work with you on setting up flexible payment plans. We also accept all major credit cards and PayPal. Please call our office at 209-581-2985
to discuss payment arrangements that will work
In honor of and in recognition to those who selflessly serve our country the Law Office of Doug Maner is proud to announce a 10% discount to all active and recently discharged military.
Doug Maner has been a practicing Attorney for thirty eight years. He is an award-winning Criminal Lawyer, member of America’s Top 100 Criminal Lawyers* since 2014; and was nominated to Super Lawyers** in July 2020 (only 5% of attorneys in each state win nomination to this distinction.)
Before opening his Law Office in downtown Modesto in October, 2013, Doug was a Senior Deputy District Attorney for over twenty of his 38 years as an Attorney. Through this experience, he became an expert in the inner workings of the District Attorneys office. Having built thousands of cases for the D.A., he knows exactly what’s coming and what it takes to tear a prosecutor’s case apart.
He has taken over one hundred jury trials to verdict, most of which were serious felonies, such as Homicide, Gang and Sex Crimes. He has deep experience in Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence, Drug and Theft cases, as well as assisting in Lifer Parole hearings.
Doug defends people accused of crimes that range from simple misdemeanor DUIs to very serious, complex cases such as:
• Gang-related Matters and Homicide charges.
• Veterans Treatment Court representation (coming in 2016.
• Doug is death penalty qualified and is currently on the special circumstances/death penalty panel of attorneys who are appointed to the most serious murder cases by the Stanislaus County Superior Court.
• Doug has tried over twenty murder, attempted murder and manslaughter cases; and has handled dozens more that were not taken to trial.
During his thirty eight eight year legal career, Doug has held the following positions:
• Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Pro Tem
• Los Angeles Superior Court Arbitrator
• Los Angeles Superior Court Voluntary Settlement Conference Panel
• Stanislaus County Gang Intelligence
Task Force, (founding member)
• California Gang Investigator's Association
• Stanislaus County Death Review Committee
• Stanislaus County Domestic Violence Council
• Stanislaus County Rape Task Force
• California Deputy District Attorneys Association Lifer Committee
• California Deputy District Attorneys Parole Committee
• Doug is especially knowledgeable in Street Gang cases, having tried his first gang case in 1997. He has taken over twenty gang cases to trial since then.
• He has also tried ten sex crime cases, many three strike cases and cases of White-Collar crime. He has tried over one hundred cases to date in his thirty eight year career.
Doug opened his new Law Office in downtown Modesto in October, 2013. He defends cases throughout the Central Valley and Sonora.
* “The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 is an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state in the nation who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense trial lawyers. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile.
** Being selected to Super Lawyers is limited to a small number of attorneys in each state. As one of the few attorneys to garner the distinction of Super Lawyers, Douglas Maner has earned the respect of peers as one of the top-rated attorneys in the nation. This selection is based off of an evaluation of 12 indicators including peer recognition and professional achievement in legal practice.
”I knew every step of the way (Doug) was going to do his job to the best of his ability and guide me down the right path. Every time I called I was experiencing a different emotion. He knew exactly how to handle every emotion I threw at him to keep me calm. I never once lost faith in his ability to defend me.”
– AM, "Case Dismissed," 2016